And the winner is…. Kande! Thanks everyone for entering!
I don’t think I’ve told you this story yet, but every time I see the old school yellow-capped Johnson’s Baby wash I can’t help but think about it.
When I was 27 weeks pregnant with Sugar Plum I was admitted to anti-natal as according to the doctors I was experiencing pre-term labour. I was sent to the hospital from my regular OB appointment because my braxton hicks were coming a little too frequently, like seven minute intervals frequently.
Sugar Plum was my first baby and I was only 25 years old but most of all, at that moment, I was scared. After I was hooked up to all the monitors and my stress test was completed my contractions started to dull a little and became less frequent.
The doctors told me to get some sleep and to expect a lengthy stay. When the night nurse came in she took one look at me and told me a shower might do me good. I was thrilled by the suggestion and after assuring me that my baby would be fine if I stood for five minutes and unhooking me from all the monitors, the nurse left to find me some supplies.
She came back with the yellow-capped Johnson’s Baby wash.
I will never forget washing my hair with that baby wash. It was certainly not intended for my long thick and now quite tangled mess but it miraculously did the trick. It also calmed me. Somehow using a product that I knew would become a staple in my house when I brought our baby home made me focus on just that… bringing our baby home.
Thankfully, after a few weeks in and out of hospital and steroid shots and multiple tests my sweet Sugar Plum decided to stay put until she was just a few days passed 36 weeks. After a fairly uneventful birth and a few more nights in the hospital we finally brought our first little baby home.
Even though so many years have passed, I know the kindness that nurse showed with Johnson’s Baby wash in her hand gave me strength to get through that first night of uncertainty which was the first and perhaps most important step to getting through the rest.
With all that in mind, both my kids and I were absolutely thrilled when this package arrived in the mail from Johnson’s Baby.
While it came with a note wishing me a Happy Mother’s Day my kids were certain it was for them. Sugar Plum (now almost 9 years old) was especially certain the Nikon CoolPix camera was intended for her.
My kids immediately asked if they could have a bubble bath.
After dinner I grabbed the yellow-capped Johnson’s Baby wash bottle and headed upstairs to run the tub with a smile on my face and my babies in my arms, just like I have done so many times before. All the while remembering that night, that nurse, and that first of many yellow-capped bottle of Johnson’s Baby wash.
Johnson’s Baby wants you to celebrate the small moments that make family life so rewarding (like bath time!) and is offering Maija’s Mommy Moments readers the opportunity to win your very own Mother’s Day package (just like mine pictured above).
Giveaway closes Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 10 p.m. EST.
- Open to residents of Canada only.
- Winners will be chosen via And The Winner Is plugin. In the event of plugin failure random.org will be used.
- Winner will be announced Monday, May 21, 2012 and will have 48 hours to reply to my e-mail or a new winner will be chosen.
Mandatory Entry (Must complete before doing optional entries):
- Leave a comment below and tell me your favourite everyday family-time moment.
Optional Entry (ies):
- Like Johnson’s Baby Canada on Facebook by clicking here.
- Like Maija’s Mommy Moments on Facebook by clicking here (if you already do just let me know in a comment – it still counts!).
- Follow @MommyMoments on Twitter by clicking here (if you already do just let me know in a comment – it still counts!).
- Follow Maija’s Mommy Moments on Pinterest by clicking here (if you already do just let me know in a comment – it still counts!).
- Tweet about this giveaway using the link to this page and @MommyMoments (can be done twice daily). Here’s a sample tweet you can copy and paste:
I want to celebrate being a mom & #WIN a Johnson’s Baby Prize Package w/digital camera via @MommyMoments http://maijasmommymoments.com/johnsonsbaby #Giveaway
MOST IMPORTANTLY remember to leave a comment for EACH OPTIONAL ENTRY YOU DO!
PS: I hear Johnson’s Baby may be announcing another photo contest soon so be sure to check in with them regularly on Facebook for the details.