When my husband brought up the idea of going away for March Break and it actually exhausted me just thinking about planning one more thing, I knew March Break 2014 was going to be spent at home. While it’s not quite a staycation, since both hubby and I will be working, but since we are working from home I know we can make the best of the break without having to pack one single thing.
Our lives are so full of activity I can’t remember the last time we had a week without dance or hockey or appointments or homework so I plan on making the most out of my first ever Do-Nothing-March-Break with the following bucket list:
- Stay in our pyjamas for the whole day at least once (maybe twice).
- Make something special for breakfast (almost) every single day. Nothing complicated, just the things my kids love like pancakes, dippy eggs, French toast and chocolate chip muffins – all things we rarely have time for on school days.
- Read bedtime stories every single night. So often my kids get home late from activities or we choose tv over bedtime stories because it’s easier. But not this week – this week there are later bedtimes, no activities and more time for stories.
- Bake cookies. This needs no explanation.
- S.S. date with my girls. S.S. stands for spa and sushi, which means we’ll be getting our toes painted then head for a sushi lunch.
- Take my son tobogganing. We live down the street from one of the best hills in the city and I have YET to take my kids tobogganing.
- Go to a family movie and eat popcorn for dinner.
- Finally take the kids to the new laser tag centre – something they’ve been asking to do since it opened LAST FALL!
- Have friends over for a playdate.
- Sit down for a family dinner and eat, talk and listen without feeling rushed.
I know these sound like small things, but for me they are big and if I can check these things off my list it will have been one of the best March Breaks ever.
ps: I know it’s a wee bit of an oxymoron to have a “Do-Nothing-Bucket-List” but let’s just go with it… for the sake of homemade cookies and popcorn for dinner.
So what’s on your March Break Bucket List?